Windows 8 and 8.1, like any other operating system, needs activation. The license key costs a lot. And without it, the trial period is only 30 days, at the end of which, the system will persistently remind about the need to purchase a license. In this case, there is a way out – to activate Windows 8 using the KMSAuto Net activator.
KMSAuto what is this program
This program is from the developer Ratiborus and his team, designed to activate the operating systems of the Windows family from Vista. As well as Microsoft Office packages from the 2010 version.
Versions of the program
- KMSAuto Net Portable is a classic portable version.
- KMSAuto Lite is a lightweight portable version, does not require installation and does not require the NET Framework to work.
- KMSAuto Helper – The program starts automatically every time you turn on the computer. Provides real-time licensing information.
How does the activator works
Developed by Microsoft, a key management server (KMS) was designed to activate volume licenses. And thanks to the distribution’s leakage, it has become widely available to all users who want to activate their personal PC for free.
The program creates a virtual remote server in the system – emulation of a real KMS. Windows sends a request there. The key is validated on this “remote” server, after which the system is activated. But the server is, in fact, not remote, it is located on the computer itself.
Since the program uses reusable corporate keys, their validity is limited to 180 days, at the end of which re-activation is required. One of the advantages of the program is that it can serve not one single computer, but hundreds and even thousands connected to the local network. The program also does not need internet.
The whole process takes just a couple of minutes, and even an inexperienced user can deal with the program.
The program weighs no more than 10 megabytes after unpacking. And also the created KMS-Service does not affect the performance in any way.
- One condition, the program must be run with administrator rights to activate successfully.
- In addition, in Windows 8, the NET Framework package must be at least version 4.5. In most cases, it is already installed, since this package is required for the operation of other Windows programs.
How to activate Windows 8 KMS activator
- Download the program on our website at the link at the end of this article.
- Unzip the archive.
- Run the KMSAuto Net.exe file as an administrator. To do this, click on the file, right-click and select the appropriate item.
- In the main window, select the ” Activate ” button .
- Then click ” Activate Windows “.
- Further you will see a log of all actions in the lower part of the working window.
- After the successful activation message appears in the program window, close the program and restart the computer.